Friday, June 11, 2010

1st day in India Complete

Well I did it.. I survived my first day in India... a monsoon in mumbai and coackroaches and a asian style toilet in my 4 bedroom apartment. The next 6 weeks are going to be quite interesting. I atteneded an enlighting human trafficking conference today and rode in my first rickshaw cab.. which was extremely scary. NYC cab drivers have nothing on the indian rick shaw's. I did finish the day off having a BBQ and a dip in the pool at our new friends house. She works for the foreign services and lives like a king in comparisons to us. Tomorrow should be another adventure into rural India. Nothing has compared to my experience today I have never felt such like a minority in my life. In our neighborhood there are no white people. Walking out of the apartment is quite the experience every Indian is looking at us wondering what we are up to.

hyderabad at night



cute kids that were begging on the street.. they were so excited to get a photo taken

crazy streets!



I wish we had this toilet.. and not the one in the ground


hyderbad's verison of a yellow taxi cab








No comments: