Saturday, May 08, 2010

First year of Graduate school..done

About a year and a half ago I had a dream to go back to school. I wasn’t sure exactly what I wanted to go back to school for but I knew I needed to go back. After a series of unfortunate events at the beginning of the summer I decided that I would apply to Columbia University to get a masters in Organizational Psychology. I wanted to stay in NYC and have always had a desire to attend a ivy league school. At the end of July while I was in Italy I received the news that I had gotten into Columbia. I was ecstatic to say the least.

This was the internet Cafe in Florence where I found out that I had gotten accepted

IMG_4774

My first year at Columbia has been such a great growing experience. I have learned a lot about myself and what makes me happy. I have made some amazing friends and learned that I really like to help people be better in their own career. Although, Grad school can be extremely challenging at times with numerous group projects I have really learned to enjoy learning and being in school. Grad school has been so much more enjoyable than undergrad for me because I am able to study what I want to study. I am so grateful for the chance to be able to return to school and learn and grow.

IMG_0851

Columbia is three subway stops from my apartment

IMG_0853

The famous library steps at Columbia.. I can’t wait until next spring when I will graduate right here:)

IMG_0854

Beautiful grounds at Columbia

IMG_0856

Teacher’s College at Columbia University is where I spend all my time:) Love TC!!!

2 comments:

Heather McClellan said...

Hey! Congrats on finishing your first year! Is it only a 2 year program? Hmmm, I think I should plan a trip to come to your graduation... :)

Teresa Johnson said...

YEA...CONGRATS!!! Love your posts! They are so inspiring! Love and miss ya dog!